Upon completion of the certificate a participant will be able to:
- Distinguish between types of education scholarship.
- Conduct a literature search that draws on databases beyond PubMed.
- Identify and select conceptual frameworks aligned with scholarly topics.
- Critically appraise education publications.
- Apply effective writing strategies for education publications.
- Manage data issues including addressing ethics and privacy issues.
- Describe qualitative and quantitative research design and various data collection and analytic approaches.
- Collaborate in teams to organize and advance education research.
Use the links below to:
- Revisit learning materials on workshop dashboards
- Complete missing skills assessments.
- Education Scholarship: Reading and Writing in Medical Education
- Literature Searching
- Conceptual Frameworks
- Synthesizing Knowledge from the Literature
- Data Management
- Reviewing Education Abstracts
- Quantitative Research Design
- Qualitative Research Approaches
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Questionnaire Design
- Constructing an Assessment Instrument
- Authorship in Academia
- Getting Projects Done: Helping Learners to Stay on Track
- Program Evaluation Design
Writing Workshops (one is required)
- How to Communicate your Story
- Scholarly Writing Intensive Workshop (limited availability)
- Enroll in Teach for UCSF
- Read more about Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
- Ask a question
- Request a transcript
- Link to this page: http://tiny.ucsf.edu/EdResearch
Teach for UCSF Cohort Option NEW!
We are offering to group participants into self-managed cohorts based on Teach for UCSF certificate track and enrollment date. If you are interested, please read more and opt in at this link: http://tiny.ucsf.edu/T4UCSFcohort
Certificate Teaching Team
Stewards: Patricia O'Sullivan, Arianne Teherani, Christy Boscardin, Bridget O'Brien