|Date||Agenda, Minutes, Reports|
|Jan. 2021||Annual Activities, 2020-2021|
|Friday, September 24, 2021||A report on the Shared Print Working Group (CJK serials project) was delivered at EAALC 2021 Meeting on Zoom (Jianye He)|
Annual Activities, 2019-2020
The meeting was held jointly with EAALC 2019 Meeting at Kolligian Library, UC Merced
3:00-4:20 UC EAS CKG Session
Meeting Minutes recorded by Daniel Goldstein. Thank you!
Toshie Marra was selected as the new chair for UC EAS CKG
Friday, September 1, 2017
The meeting was held jointly with EAALC 2017 Meeting at Martin Johnson House of UC San Diego's Scripps Institute of Oceanography
2:40-3:40: UCEAB items: (1 hour)
- Review of our ongoing consortium program for shelf-ready cataloging services: a discussion on UC's multi-campus shelf-ready cataloging in Beijing, on its progress, problems and solutions.
- Acquiring new Tier one or Tier Two electronic resources: discussion on what UC EA group plans to buy next year.
- And other agendas concerning e-resources of UCEAB
Thursday, October 13, 2016
Online meeting: Please join the meeting by both calling in and signing up on the Internet:
I. Program: 10-11am
- CDL Tier 2 Process and the Collaborative License Website Project (30 minutes)
Guest speaker: Wendy Parfrey.
Wendy is the CDL Shared Content Coordinator/Vendor Relations. She is responsible for several areas: as a primary contact with external publishers and vendors that provide systemwide licensed content, as the organizer of formal proposals for decisions on systemwide co-investment, and as a point person for CDL co-investment activities including tier 2 and fiscal accountability. She is currently working on the DDA task force which is handling several systemwide ebook pilots.
II. Business meeting: 11-12pm
- CNPIEC DDA Pilot Project Updates (Susan Xue, 10 minutes)
- Potential Tier 2 Chinese Resource (Susan Xue & Cathy, 10 minutes)
- Potential Tier 2 Japanese Resources (Jin Moon, 15 minutes)
- Japan Time
- Maisaku (Mainichi Shinbun newspaper online
- CJK e-resources IP ranges and LBL (Tomoko Bialock, 10 minutes)
UC IP ranges includes IPs for UCB’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBL). Tomoko has 2 providers to deal with for the three Japanese newspaper DBs that she is in charge. One of them, that is Nikkei, questions about UCB’s IPs for LBL and has refused to include them. Has this been an issue for Chinese and Korean DBs?
- EAS CKG web page (Shi Deng, 5 minutes)
- The web page is up on UCSF confluence
- Shi is collecting past meeting minutes and other documents to be posted on this page
- Other updates (10 minutes)
Friday, September 18, 2015
The meeting was held jointly with EAALC 2015 Meeting at East Asian Library, Stanford University
Selection of New EAALC/UCEAB Chair
Peter Zhou (UCB) started with a proposal of two motions –
(1) to extend the terms of chairship from one year to two years
(2) to first nominate EAALC chair, and then to conclude if the person elected is from UC; or otherwise to select another UC person for UCEAC chair, if the elected EAAL chair is not from UC.
Peter’s two motions were endorsed.
Two candidates were nominated from the southern California libraries, as the current one was from northern California, and per the agreed-upon practice -- chairship rotated two terms from the South and one term the North. The two candidates were Ken Klein (USC) and Shi Deng (UCSD). The nine participating libraries unanimously voted for Shi Deng, who thus became the UCEAB/EAALC chair 2015-2017.
UC Business session
- Peter Zhou (UCB) led the discussion of UC cooperative shelf-ready cataloging programs for Chinese materials and encouraged to try out the CNPIEC services. He also informed the audience of forthcoming storage built by CNPIEC, which would be similar to that of Rentian. Jianye He (UCB) added that her experience with the on-site acquisition at Rentian’s warehouse was effective.
- Susan Xue (UCB) asked the floor about the interest in a trial of two e-book PDA systems, one from Rentian and the other from CNPIEC. In responding to a question about any technical issues to attend, Haiqing Li (UCB) responded that records from CNPIEC are “quite good”; Shi Deng (UCSD) also confirmed that their records are trustworthy.
- Ying Zhang (UCI) checked whether there would be a possibility of establishing a shared PDA program with Academpia.com for Korean e-books. But there seemed no awareness of such kind of service among UC’s Korean studies librarians.
|Friday, September 20, 2013|
The meeting was held jointly with EAALC 2013 Meeting at Young Research Library, UCLA
UCEAB Meeting (3:30 PM – 5:00 PM) Chaired by Jianye He (UCB)
Section I Business Discussion (3:30 PM – 4:45 PM)
Peter Zhou (UCB) CIBTC Agreement
Su Chen (UCLA) UC Archive Project
Susan Xue (UCB) Electronic Resources
Hong Cheng (UCLA) Apabi Ebook PDA Project
Section II Selection of New UCEAB Chair (4:45 PM – 5:00 PM)
|Friday, September 15, 2011|
The meeting was held jointly with EAALC 2011 Meeting at Langson Library, UC Irvine
Afternoon Session 2: UC Business Session (Ying Zhang)
- 16:00-16:15: UC Tier-1 and Tier-2 e-resource Review and Future Collaboration (Susan Xue, UCB, Toshie Marra, UCLA)
- 16:15-16:30: SuperStar & Apabi e-books - Assessments on co-investment as well as collection and individual level accessibility (Hong Cheng, UCLA, Cathy Chiu, UCSB)
|Friday, September 26, 2008||The meeting was held jointly with EAALC 2008 Meeting at C. V. Starr East Asian Library, UC Berkeley|
|Friday, September 14, 2007|
The meeting was held jointly with EAALC 2007 Meeting at the East Asia Library, USC
2:35 – 3:00 pm UC East Asian Bibliographers Group meeting (Annie Lin)
|Friday, September 22, 2006||The meeting was held jointly with EAALC 2006 Meeting at University Center, UC Santa Cruz|
|Friday, October 7, 2005|
The meeting was held jointly with EAALC 2005 Meeting at Geisel Library, UC San Diego
- 3:30 - 3:40 East Asian Libraries Digital Group Report. Peter Zhou, EALDG Chair
- 3:40 - 4:05 Discussion on mission, goals and rules for UCEAB (UC East Asian Biblographers Group)
- 4:05 - 4:15 UCEAB Chair and Chair-elect Election.
- Chair (2005-2006): Jim Cheng, UCSD
- Chair-elect (2005-2006): Mei-Yun (Annie) Lin, UCD