In order to connect Macintosh computers and grant them full access to the Department of Public Health hardwired network, computer authentication settings on OS X must be applied by installing a configuration profile. Follow the steps below to install the computer authentication configuration profile.
- Verify the computer is bound to a UCSF domain.
System preferences > Users & Groups > Login Options> CAMPUS/SOM should be listed under "Network Account Server."
Write down the Computer ID hostname and make sure it matches the computer name in System preferences > Sharing. If not, change the name by clicking Edit. The name will look like: computername.local
If it is not listed, click the lock on the bottom > Enter admin credentials > Click join > Enter required info> click OK.
Again, you will need to make sure the computer names/ID match in the Sharing and the Directory Utility > Active Directory windows.
- Verify that you do not have an existing hardwired profile on your Mac.
System preferences > Profiles. If you see Settings for Hardwired 802.1x under the Device Profiles pane, you already have the profile. You are still having issues connecting to the DPH full access hardwired network, continue with the instructions to uninstall and reinstall profile.
To uninstall it, click on the – sign on the bottom left side of the window. Click on the Remove button on the next window.
Enter your administrator password for your computer > Click OK.
Reboot your computer to finish the uninstall.
- To install the DPH full access hardwired network profile, click on the following link to download and install: http://sfghdean.ucsf.edu/networkconfigurationprofiles/OSX/DPH_full_wired.mobileconfig** This link will only work while connected to the UCSF/ZSFG network **
- A window will show up. Select Save File and click OK. Note: by default OSX will save files in your profile's "Downloads" folder. Double click the file DPH_full_wired.mobileconfig file to launch the profile installer.
- Click Continue.
- Click Install.
- Enter your administrator password for your computer > Click OK.
- You should see Settings for Hardwired 802.1x added in the Devices Profiles pane. Reboot your computer to complete the installation.
For technical assistance, please call the UCSF Service Desk at 628-206-5126 and ask the analyst to assign ticket to ITFS_SFGH team.