The CDL is currently hosting a Nuxeo instance that is at version 7.10. This September 2018, we will be upgrading Nuxeo to version 9.10. This version gets us on Nuxeo's Long Term Support (LTS) plan through the end of 2020 (support for our current version 7.10 expires in November 2018).
Following the upgrade to version 9.10, we want to upgrade to version 10.10 as soon as possible after November – to be on the latest version.
We will be conducting the upgrade between Thursday, 9/27 through Friday 9/28:
- Starting Thursday, 9/27 at 6:00pm Nuxeo will unavailable for use
- Final backups of the current Nuxeo 7.10 instance will be started
- Upgrades to version 9.10 will begin after backups are completed
- Friday 9/28 is reserved for testing only. Please do not plan regular Nuxeo work for this day. If you are able to help test the new version, please let us know on the the #library-nuxeo channel in the UC Tech Slack team where you will also find the latest Nuxeo status updates.
- We anticipate that before the end of day Friday 9/28, regular use of Nuxeo may resume -- and we'll announce that once it's ready.
What to expect
Version 9.10 includes a number of updates to the back-end application. We do not anticipate any significant changes to the existing UI or workflows you have been utilizing – including the tools we've developed that interact with the API, such as the File Uploader Client of nuxeo_spreadsheet tab-delimited import process. We will not be using the new UI when we upgrade due to incompatibilities with customizations we've made to date. After we've upgraded to version 9.10, we will be exploring how we can port over those customizations to the new UI.
For additional information: Version 9.10 release notes