, Conference Call, 9-10:30 am
Conference Call Instructions
- Dial in: US & Canada: 866.740.1260; US Toll: 303.248.0285
- Access Code: 8223373
Web Login: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/9vrml9h5o9f&eom
- Kathi Neal, Berkeley
- Kevin C Miller, Davis
- Heather Briston, Los Angeles
- Jim Dooley, Merced
- Marlayna Christensen, San Diego, Chair
- Polina E Ilieva, San Francisco
- Teresa Mora, Santa Cruz
- Zak Leibhaber, Santa Barbara
- Beaudry Allen, Santa Barbara
Members absent: Laura Uglean Jackson, Bergis Jules, Danelle Moon,
- Consider feasibility of January joint meeting with RMC (Records Managers Committee)
- Continue discussions
Welcome & Announcements
UCSD is hiring an LA IV; over 120 applicants most are librarians. The number of applicants has been reduced to 40; there are five internal candidates.
|5min||UCAC website clean-up|
The RMC has a monthly call that Marlayna attends as UCAC Chair. We discussed the possibility of a joint RMC-UCAC meeting in San Francisco on January 25, 2017. There are many questions that affect both groups regarding access to and preservation of research data, especially medical data.
|20min||Archiving email campus offices|
No campuses at this time have developed procedures for archiving email. Some campus records managers are collecting Chancellor's correspondence. This may be another topic for a joint RMC-UCAC meeting. There are currently no procedures to transfer email to the University Archives. Currently no UCAC member has access to campus content management systems.
Teresa has created a folder on the wiki for examples of transmittal forms.
|Kevin C Miller|
- Next call: November 30, 1-2:30pm
- Minutes: Laura Uglean Jackson
- Creating a unified copyright notice for AR collections (university records)
- Agenda topics for face-to-face meeting (January 25 in SF)