How to Give a User Access to a Wiki Space
User gets a MyAccess account
New Login Procedures
Beginning December 20, 2010, users will log in to the wiki with a MyAccess account instead of a GALEN account. The user's identity inside the wiki will be unchanged (they'll see the same user history and have the same permissions as before the transition), but the user will log in to the wiki with MyAccess credentials.
UCSF Faculty, Staff, and Students
Information about MyAccess user ID and password is available at: http://myaccess.ucsf.edu
- Can't remember your MyAccess password? Visit http://myaccess.ucsf.edu and scroll to the bottom and select "Forgot your password?"
- Can't remember your MyAccess user ID? Visit http://myaccess.ucsf.edu and scroll to the bottom and select "Forgot your ID?"
- Can't remember if you activated your MyAccess account? Visit http://myaccess.ucsf.edu and scroll to the bottom and select "I am a New User"
Users who need assistance with their MyAccess user ID and password should:
Users who are not UCSF-affiliated may request a MyAccess guest account. The user should:
- Go to https://guest.ucsf.edu/
- Click the 'Request A Guest Account' link
- Complete the form, making sure to select Wiki as the Sponsoring Group and mention the space name or space administrator name in the Reason field
- Click the Request Account button to submit the request
The user's request will be reviewed by the wiki administrators, and once it is approved, you and the guest will receive notification.
User logs in to wiki with MyAccess account
Once a user has a valid MyAccess account, he/she can automatically log in to the wiki at:
If a user has never logged in to the wiki before, a new wiki identity will automatically be created for the user. At this point, the user can only see public areas of the wiki, including those wiki spaces which have chosen to be public. In order to see private spaces, the user must be given permission. The next section explains how to do this.
User is given permission to access a wiki space
A user may be given permission to access a space as an individual or as a member of a group.
To see which individuals and groups have permission to access your space, just go to the Browse menu (top right) and select Space Admin.
From the Browse > Space Admin > Permissions screen, click the Edit Permissions button. Start typing the user's name in the box, click the correct name when it appears, then click the Add button. Check the boxes to determine what a user is allowed to do in the space, then click the Save All button.
Space Administrators can now create and manage their own user groups. Go to the Browse menu (top right) and select Manage Users/Groups.
- Create a User Group - Type a group name in the Add Group box and click the Submit button.
- Add/Remove Group Members - Click a group name to display the group editing options. Click the Confluence Directory Search link above the Add User input box. Select the Full Name and Contains options, then type the user's name and click the Find Users button. When the user is found, click the big green plus icon next to the user's name to add the user. To remove a user from the group, click the trash can icon.
- Set/Modify the Permissions for the Group - Go to Browse > Space Admin > Permissions
For more information on the permission types, see the Confluence Documentation on
Assigning Space Permissions