New Login Procedures
Beginning December 20, 2010, users will log in to the wiki with a MyAccess account instead of a GALEN account. The user's identity inside the wiki will be unchanged (they'll see the same user history and have the same permissions as before the transition), but the user will log in to the wiki with MyAccess credentials.
How to Give a User Access to a Wiki Space
For detailed instructions on completing these steps, see the documentation below.
- User gets a MyAccess account
- User logs in to wiki with MyAccess account
- User is given permission to access the space
All UCSF faculty, staff and students should have a MyAccess account. Information about MyAccess user ID and password is available at: http://myaccess.ucsf.edu
- Can't remember your MyAccess password? Visit http://myaccess.ucsf.edu and scroll to the bottom and select "Forgot your password?"
- Can't remember your MyAccess user ID? Visit http://myaccess.ucsf.edu and scroll to the bottom and select "Forgot your ID?"
- Can't remember if you activated your MyAccess account? Visit http://myaccess.ucsf.edu and scroll to the bottom and select "I am a New User"
Users who need assistance with their MyAccess user ID and password should:
Users who are not UCSF-affiliated may request a MyAccess guest account. The user should:
- Go to https://guest.ucsf.edu/
- Click the 'Request A Guest Account' link
- Complete the form, making sure to select Wiki as the Sponsoring Group and mention the space name or space administrator name in the Reason field
- Click the Request Account button to submit the request
The user's request will be reviewed by the wiki administrators, and once it is approved, you and the guest will receive notification.
Controlling Access to a Wiki Space
Once a user has a valid MyAccess account, he/she is automatically able to log in to the wiki. But unless your space is public, a user must have permission to enter the space. You can give a user permission as an individual or as a member of a group.
To see which individuals and groups have permission to access your space, just go to the Browse menu (top right) and select Space Admin.
From the Permissions screen, click the Edit Permissions button. Start typing the user's name in the box and click the name
Go to the Browse menu (top right), then select Space Admin, then select Permissions from the left hand menu.
Manage my own users with Group permissions
?Recommended if your space has a lot of users (>10) and you want to be able to add/remove users immediately rather than waiting for the Wiki Administrators to respond:
1. Create a User Group
- Go to Browse > Manage Users/Groups.
- Create a new group by typing a group name in the Add Group box and clicking the Submit button.
2. Add/Remove Group Members
- Once a group has been created, click its name to display the group editing options.
- Click the Confluence Directory Search link above the Add User input box
- Select the Full Name and Contains options, then type the user's name
3. Set/Modify the Permissions for the Group
- Go to Browse > Space Admin > Permissions