- If Anonymous users have View permission in your space, it is a public space and can be accessed without a login. Wiki@UCSF policy is that anonymous users may not be given any permissions other than View, so the Anonymous Access section of the Permissions screen is not editable by space administrators. Please email the wiki administrators if you want to make your space viewable by anonymous users.
- For an overview of permission types, see Permission Types.
- To add or remove an individual user, see Add/Remove Individual User Permission.
- To manage or view the members of a user group, see User Group Maintenance.
- To add, rename, or delete a user group for your space, use the Custom Space User Management option in Space Tools.
- To add or remove members of a user group, use the Custom Space User Management option in Space Tools.
Permissions page is the ONLY place where you can provide access to any or all pages of your wiki space. If a person or group is not on the Permissions page, they WILL NOT be able to access any page in your wiki space.
|Instructions||Click screenshots to enlarge|
Go into your space, click the Space Tools menu (bottom left) and select Permissions.
The screen shows all groups and individuals with access to your space.
To add/change permissions, click the Edit Permissions button.
To add a group: Type in the group name.
To add or remove an individual user, see Add/Remove Individual User Permission.
Check on the corresponding permission types applicable.
Please note that we recommend Restrictions and Space Export permissions only to Space Admins.
Don't forget to click the 'Save all' button at the bottom of the page when you are done.