Before taking workshops in this certificate, participation is required in the full-day Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Champion Training offered by the School of Medicine. Offerings are included in the listing to the right or can be found here.
Titles may vary. Links lead to workshop dashboards with learning materials and links to skills assessments.
- Curricular Materials for Equity and Inclusion
- Exploring Similarities and Differences (TBD)
- Equitable Assessment
- Learning Climate in Medical Education
Advanced Feedback across Differences (has a prerequisite)
Selective Workshops (one is required)
- Holistic Approach to Hiring and Selection
- Inclusive Leadership
Upon completion of the certificate a participant will be able to:
- Select and design inclusive instructional materials that represent diverse perspectives.
- Monitor diversity in the representation of participants in the teaching and learning environment.
- Develop assessments that minimize the potential for bias.
- Recognize and examine biases that arise in assessment decisions.
- Diagnose learners’ diverse needs and design relevant instructional activities.
- Address bias and microaggressions in the learning environment in the moment.
- Explore instructors’/mentors’ differences and similarities with learners/mentees to improve engagement and support.
- Provide feedback that is sensitive to learners’ different backgrounds and experience.
Register for Workshops
Click links to read more and register.
- Enroll in Teach for UCSF
- Read more about Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
- Ask a question
- Request a transcript
- Link to this page: http://tiny.ucsf.edu/T4UCSFTEI
Certificate Teaching Team
Steward: Kate Lupton
- E. Alexandra Brown
- Rosny Daniel
- Robin Goldman
- Meghan O'Brien
- Kate Lupton
- Sneha Daya