- UCD - second interviews for Schol Comm Officer (https://www.library.ucdavis.edu/job/scholarly-communications-officer-and-program-lead/) candidates taking place in two weeks! Created FAQ/Q&A's "Reference" GoogleDoc for internal ScholComm support team
- UCI - Working with editors to bring a new journal to press on eScholarship: JAD – Journal of Agriculture and Development (https://escholarship.org/uc/jad). Ramping up ORCiD outreach presented by Research Support Fair hosted by UCI Office of Research.
- UCLA - FSCI 2019 Call for Courses due Friday - see above in Announcements. Also, Jennifer and I are working on a few events for Fair Use Week, Feb. 25th - Mar 1st.
- UCM -
- UCR -
- UCSB - UCSB is rebooting our open access fund to support APCs for journals only. My goal is to have the new program ups and running by Spring quarter or sooner. Punctum remains our means of supporting OA monographs. Academic openings in the library, including data curators. An Editoria-punctum Sprint is planned for early April at UCSB. Stop by the punctum booth (#754) at ACRL 2019 in Cleveland, April 10-13.
- UCSC - We spoke to the Graduate Student Association about the Elsevier negotiation. Based on their questions about author copyright and UC OA policies, we are following up with another meeting. Taking advantage of the synergy between those topics.
- UCSD - UC OSC RIMS work continuing, final stages of data gathering from your campuses; thank you all for working with the working group. It looks like our VC is signing OA2020 after our UL presented at the Representative Assembly with the Committee on the Library Chair. We'll be holding a campus town hall in Feb re Elsevier negotiations.
- UCSF - no updates
- CDL - We have 2 new folks starting in Publishing & Special Collections this week! Alainna Wrigley is the new Publication System Management Coordinator, and Christine Kim is the new OAC/Calisphere Service & Outreach Manager.