Common Knowledge Groups (CKGs) are standing groups of experts or pioneers in areas of interest to the University of California Libraries (UCL). The intention of CKGs is to foster innovation and continuous improvement by providing a venue for staff across campuses and from various levels to exchange ideas and collaborate on systemwide initiatives. Although CKGs may communicate with groups in the UCL Advisory Structure, they are not intended to make systemwide policy decisions, manage projects or project teams, or oversee ongoing services. CKGs are proposed by UC Libraries’ staff who identify an issue, topic, subject, or content format that would benefit from the creation of a cross-‐campus community. The Direction and Oversight Committee (DOC) provides broad oversight for the CKGs and their registration process.
- For more information, including CKG Guidelines and a roster of CKG Chairs & their contact info, visit the UC Libraries CKG public webpage.
- For more information on the UC Libraries Advisory Structure, visit the UC Libraries Advisory Structure public webpage.
- See also the UC Libraries Advisory Structure Organization Chart.
Active Common Knowledge Groups
- Archival Management Systems User Group CKG
- Art & Architecture CKG
- Born Digital Content CKG
- Cataloging and Metadata CKG
- Data Curation CKG
- Digital Humanities CKG
- Digital Repository Metadata (DRMD) CKG
- Digitization CKG
- Government Information Libraries (GILS) CKG
- Interlibrary Lending Services CKG
- Law CKG
- Music CKG
- Physical Sciences & Engineering (PSE) CKG
- Preservation CKG
- Reference CKG
- Scholarly Communications Group CKG
- UC Shared Visual Resource CKG
Inactive Common Knowledge Groups
- Business & Economics (former Bibliographer Group)
- European History, Languages and Literature (former Bibliographer Group)
- Library IT CKG
- Linguistics (former Bibliographer Group)
- Project Management CKG
- Statistics CKG