3. Review of PM CKG activity at the end of 6 months; future of PM CKG
Everyone's thoughts In light of fact that:
1) Everyone is busy & participation in group has decreased
2) New Advisory Structure does not yet have place for CKGs
|All / 15 min|
- Good learning resource for 'formal' PM
- Creating a network of PMs & having a space to bring and share issues is very valuable
- Still a young group and so value hasn't yet been fully realized
- Helps with standardization of language & practices
- Michael Stuart
- Good chance to see how projects work across system/multiple campuses, not just local practices
- Has a place but hasn't seen maximum value yet
- Michael Yonezawa
- Value in exchange of ideas
- Not as many 'practical' ideas to push up to SAG & less of a reciprocal relationship--CKG is in 'isolation'
- Either broaden to a general learning group or narrow to focus more on concrete objectives
- Tom Bustos
- Nothing tangible from group yet--outcomes may help prove usefulness of group
Adrian -- were resources pages helpful?
Matthew & Tom: found it helpful to learn & clarify PM concepts such as Scrum/Agile
- Continue as a list-serv to ask questions & consult with other PMS
- Exist as CKG but with less regular meetings
- Continue with regular meetings, but with another chair because Adrian has been doing it for a while
Everyone chose option B but many still want list-serv from option A
- Next meeting in October according to less frequent (quarterly) meeting preference. Awaiting word from Advisory Council on whether CKGs will continue and, if so, we will choose a new chair.
- Adrian Petrisor will schedule meeting for October and will stay on for chair for this meeting.