|Item||Speaker& Time||Notes||Decisions & Actions|
1. Attendance call
|AP / 2 min|| || |
|2. Review of Action Items from Previous Meeting||AP / 5 min|| |
- No changes/additions needed for now.
|3. Project management certifications||AP, LG / 15 min|
- Q1: How important would be in the hiring process the fact that a candidate has a PM certification?
- A1: Experience is much more important
- Q2: Which of the certifications are more valuable?
- A2: Each of them has its strengths and it is valuable for certain circumstances
- Q3: What advice would we give to someone new to project management or their work doesn't involve much project management?
- A3: Read PM literature, join a PMI local chapter, attend PM webinars and conferences
|4. <Add additional agenda items here>Day of month for the conference calls|| /|
- The majority of the members preferred the third Thursday of the month instead of the second Thursday
|5. Future Agenda Items||AP / 5 min|
- It was suggested to have the CKG members present project stories. Examples: UCLDC, Dash, UC Publication Management System
- UCOP Project Management Group