User Accounts | Space Types | Permissions
A login account is required to access any space that is not public:
UCSF Faculty, Staff, and Students
Must use a MyAccess account:
- To recover your username/password or activate your MyAccess account, see
- For MyAccess support, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 514-4100
Users from the following universities can log in with their local campus account:
- Boston University
- UC Berkeley
- UC Davis
- UC Irvine
- UC Los Angeles
- UC San Diego
To request a guest account, a user must:
- Go to
- Click the 'Request A Guest Account' link
- Complete the form, making sure to select Wiki as the Sponsoring Group and mention the space name or space administrator name in the Reason field
- Click the Request Account button to submit the request
back to top
There are three types of spaces in the wiki:
Accessible to anyone
Accessible to all logged-in users
Accessible only to selected users
Default Permissions Structure
'Anonymous' has view permissions, and group 'confluence-users' has view and create permissions
Group 'confluence-users' has view and create permissions
Only individual users and groups (but not 'confluence-users') have permissions in the space
How to Grant Access to a New User
No action necessary
Make sure user has a valid login account (see User Accounts)
Make sure user has a valid login account (see User Accounts), then add user to a group or give individual user permissions (see Quick Tips)
Wiki@UCSF policy is that anonymous users are allowed to view only. If a user wants to contribute content to the wiki, he/she must log in.
In addition to all UCSF users, this type of space is visible to all users at universities in the User Accounts table above and users who have a guest MyAccess account.
Private spaces are invisible to anyone who has not been given access permission. They don't appear on other users' Dashboards or in search results.
back to top
When you go to the Permissions screen (Browse > Space Admin > Permissions), you can give individuals and groups the following permissions in your space:
user can view this space's content, including the space's details, and its pages and news items (blog posts)
- Create – user may create and edit pages in this space.
- Export – user may export pages in this space.
- Restrict – user may apply page-level restrictions.
- Remove – user may remove pages in this space.
- Create – user may add and edit blog posts in this space.
- Remove – user may remove blog posts in this space.
- Create – user may make comments in this space.
- Remove – user may remove comments from this space.
- Create – user may add attachments in this space.
- Remove – user may remove attachments from this space.
- Remove – user may delete individual mail items.
- Export – user may export content from this space.
- Admin – user has administrative permissions over this space.
back to top