Before taking workshops in this certificate, participation is required in the full-day Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Champion Training offered by the School of Medicine. Offerings are included in the listing to the right or can be found here.
Workshops can be taken in any order. Titles may vary. Workshop Dashboard links are for use during workshops.
|Required Workshops||Link to Workshop Dashboard|
1. Curricular Materials for Equity and Inclusion
2. Microaggressions in the Teaching and Learning Environment
3. Equitable Assessment
4. Learning Climate in Medical Education
|5. Advanced Feedback across Differences (has a prerequisite)||http://tiny.ucsf.edu/AdvancedFeedback|
6. Exploring Similarities and Differences (TBD)
|Selective Workshops (one is required)||Link to Workshop Dashboard|
1. Racial Bias in Clinical Learning
|2. Inclusive Leadership||http://tiny.ucsf.edu/Inclusive|
3. Holistic Approach to Hiring and Selection
Upon completion of the certificate a participant will be able to:
- Select and design inclusive instructional materials that represent diverse perspectives.
- Monitor diversity in the representation of participants in the teaching and learning environment.
- Develop assessments that minimize the potential for bias.
- Recognize and examine biases that arise in assessment decisions.
- Diagnose learners’ diverse needs and design relevant instructional activities.
- Address bias and microaggressions in the learning environment in the moment.
- Explore instructors’/mentors’ differences and similarities with learners/mentees to improve engagement and support.
- Provide feedback that is sensitive to learners’ different backgrounds and experience.
Register for Workshops
Click links to read more and register.
- Enroll in Teach for UCSF
- Read more about Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
- Ask a question
- Request a transcript
- Link to this page: http://tiny.ucsf.edu/T4UCSFTEI
- UCSF ODO unconscious bias resources page Unconscious Bias Resources https://diversity.ucsf.edu/resources/unconscious-bias-resources
- UCSF ODO Addressing Bias, Discrimination and Hate page https://diversity.ucsf.edu/addressing-discrimination
- UCSF Center for Enhancement of Communication in Healthcare – Relationship Centered Communication trainings https://cech.ucsf.edu/
- Racial Equity Tools https://www.racialequitytools.org/home
- Teaching Tolerance – Self-guided learning https://www.tolerance.org/professional-development/self-guided-learning
Certificate Teaching Team
Steward: Kate Lupton, MD
- Jennifer Braddock, CNM, MS
- E. Alexandra Brown, MD
- Kim Dau, RN, MS, CNM
- Rosny Daniel, MD
- Sneha Daya, MD
- Ana Delgado, RN, MS, CNM
- Robin Goldman, MD
- Eva Goodfriend-Reano, CNM
- Rebekah Kaplan, MSN, CNM
- Kate Lupton, MD
- Kara Myers, RN, MS, CNM
- Meghan O'Brien, MD