User Accounts | Space Types | Permissions
A login account is required to access any space that is not public:
UCSF Faculty, Staff, and Students
Must use a MyAccess account:
- To activate MyAccess account or recover your username/password, see
- For support, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 514-4100
Users from the following universities can log in with their local campus account:
- Boston University
- UC Berkeley
- UC Davis
- UC Irvine
- UC Los Angeles
- UC San Diego
To request a guest account, a user must:
- Go to
- Click the 'Request A Guest Account' link
- Complete the form, making sure to select Wiki as the Sponsoring Group and mention the space name or space administrator name in the Reason field
- Click the Request Account button to submit the request
back to top
There are three general types of spaces in the wiki:
Accessible to anyone
Accessible to all logged-in users
Accessible only to selected users
Anonymous users have View permissions in the space
User group 'confluence-users' has View permissions in the space
Only groups and individual users have permissions in the space
How to Grant Access to a New User
No action necessary
Make sure user has a valid account (see User Accounts)
Make sure user has a valid account (see User Accounts), then add user to a group or give individual user permissions (see Quick Tips)
back to top
When you go to the Permissions screen (Browse > Space Admin > Permissions), you can give individuals and groups the following permissions in your space:
user can view this space's content, including the space's details, and its pages and news items (blog posts)
- Create – user may create and edit pages in this space.
- Export – user may export pages in this space.
- Restrict – user may apply page-level restrictions.
- Remove – user may remove pages in this space.
- Create – user may add and edit blog posts in this space.
- Remove – user may remove blog posts in this space.
- Create – user may make comments in this space.
- Remove – user may remove comments from this space.
- Create – user may add attachments in this space.
- Remove – user may remove attachments from this space.
- Remove – user may delete individual mail items.
- Export – user may export content from this space.
- Admin – user has administrative permissions over this space.
back to top