Workshops can be taken in any order. Titles may vary. Workshop Dashboard links are for use during workshops.
|Required Workshops||Link to Workshop Dashboard|
1. Curricular Materials for Equity and Inclusion
2. Microaggressions in the Teaching and Learning Environment
3. Equitable Assessment
4. Learning Climate in Medical Education
|5. Advanced Feedback across Differences (has a prerequisite)||http://tiny.ucsf.edu/AdvancedFeedback|
6. Exploring Similarities and Differences (TBD)
|Selective Workshops (one is required)||Link to Workshop Dashboard|
1. Racial Bias in Clinical Learning
|2. Inclusive Leadership||http://tiny.ucsf.edu/Inclusive|
3. Holistic Approach to Hiring and Selection
Upon completion of the certificate a participant will be able to:
- Select and design inclusive instructional materials that represent diverse perspectives.
- Monitor diversity in the representation of participants in the teaching and learning environment.
- Develop assessments that minimize the potential for bias.
- Recognize and examine biases that arise in assessment decisions.
- Diagnose learners’ diverse needs and design relevant instructional activities.
- Address bias and microaggressions in the learning environment in the moment.
- Explore instructors’/mentors’ differences and similarities with learners/mentees to improve engagement and support.
- Provide feedback that is sensitive to learners’ different backgrounds and experience.
- Enroll in Teach for UCSF
- Read more about Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
- Ask a question
- Request a transcript
- Link to this page: http://tiny.ucsf.edu/T4UCSFTEI
- UCSF ODO Unconscious Bias Resources https://diversity.ucsf.edu/resources/unconscious-bias-resources
- UCSF ODO Addressing Bias, Discrimination and Hate https://diversity.ucsf.edu/addressing-discrimination
- UCSF Center for Enhancement of Communication in Healthcare – Relationship Centered Communication trainings https://cech.ucsf.edu/
- Racial Equity Tools https://www.racialequitytools.org/home
- Teaching Tolerance – Self-guided learning https://www.tolerance.org/professional-development/self-guided-learning
University of Michigan National Center for Institutional Diversity Video Toolkit to Support the Well Being of Students of Color https://medium.com/national-center-for-institutional-diversity/young-gifted-risk-and-resilient-4bc84efca3c6
Certificate Teaching Team
Steward: Kate Lupton, MD
- Jennifer Braddock, CNM, MS
- E. Alexandra Brown, MD
- Kim Dau, RN, MS, CNM
- Rosny Daniel, MD
- Sneha Daya, MD
- Ana Delgado, RN, MS, CNM
- Robin Goldman, MD
- Eva Goodfriend-Reano, CNM
- Rebekah Kaplan, MSN, CNM
- Kate Lupton, MD
- Kara Myers, RN, MS, CNM
- Meghan O'Brien, MD