To advance faculty members’ skills to ensure an equitable and inclusive teaching and learning environment.
Upon completion of the certificate a participant will be able to:
- Select and design inclusive instructional materials that represent diverse perspectives.
- Monitor diversity in the representation of participants in the teaching and learning environment.
- Develop assessments that minimize the potential for bias.
- Recognize and examine biases that arise in assessment decisions.
- Diagnose learners’ diverse needs and design relevant instructional activities.
- Address bias and microaggressions in the learning environment in the moment.
- Explore instructors’/mentors’ differences and similarities with learners/mentees to improve engagement and support.
- Provide feedback that is sensitive to learners’ different backgrounds and experience.
Before taking workshops in this certificate, participants must complete a self-paced course as a prerequisite. Details: https://wiki.library.ucsf.edu/x/tg9UIw
NOTE: If you completed either the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Champion Training prior to January 2023, or the Diversity and Inclusion Certificate Program, this requirement does not apply.
Workshops can be taken in any order. Titles may vary. Workshop Dashboard links are for use during workshops.
- Creating and Assessing Curricular Materials for Equity and Inclusion
- Microaggressions: Examining the Teaching and Learning Environment
- Equitable Assessment
- Creating a Positive Learning Climate
- Feedback Fundamentals - 4hr¹
- Advanced Feedback across Differences (has a prerequisite)¹
Selective Workshops (one is required)
- Racial Bias in Clinical Learning
- Inclusive Leadership
- Holistic Approach to Hiring and Selection (in development)
¹ Feedback Fundamentals - 4hr is a prerequisite to Advanced Feedback across Differences. It was not previously listed here, but is not a new requirement.
² Formerly listed as Exploring Similarities and Differences.
Register for Workshops
Click links to read more and register.
Or, see Card View to see workshops with available spots.
- Enroll in Teach for UCSF Certificates - enrollment temporarily closed
- Read more about Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
- Progress-Tracking Worksheet
- Ask a question
- Request CME Credit for Educational Skills Workshops
- Link to this page: http://tiny.ucsf.edu/T4UCSFTEI
- UCSF ODO Unconscious Bias Resources
- UCSF ODO Addressing Bias, Discrimination and Hate
- UCSF Center for Enhancement of Communication in Healthcare – Relationship Centered Communication trainings
- Racial Equity Tools
- Teaching Tolerance – Self-guided learning
University of Michigan National Center for Institutional Diversity Video Toolkit to Support the Well Being of Students of Color
- Beyond Bigots and Snowflakes video series
Caring Across Generations Conversation Guide: Talking about Race, Racism, Care and Caregiving
Certificate Teaching Team
Steward: Kate Lupton, MD
- E. Alexandra Brown, MD
- Kim Dau, RN, MS, CNM
- Rosny Daniel, MD
- Sneha Daya, MD
- Ana Delgado, RN, MS, CNM
- Robin Goldman, MD
- Eva Goodfriend-Reano, CNM
- Kate Lupton, MD
- Anna Meyer, MD
- Kara Myers, MS, CNM
- Meghan O'Brien, MD
- Nynikka Palmer, DrPH, MPH
- Gabriel Sarah, MD
- Peter Ureste, MD