Workshops can be taken in any order. Titles may vary. Workshop Dashboard links are for use during workshops.
- Curricular Materials for Equity and Inclusion
- Microaggressions: Examining the Teaching and Learning Environment
- Equitable Assessment
- Learning Climate in Medical Education
- Feedback Fundamentals - 4hrs¹
- Advanced Feedback across Differences (has a prerequisite)¹
Selective Workshops (one is required)
- Racial Bias in Clinical Learning
- Inclusive Leadership
- Holistic Approach to Hiring and Selection (in development)
¹ Feedback Fundamentals - 4hr is a prerequisite to Advanced Feedback across Differences. It was not previously listed here, but is not a new requirement.
² Formerly listed as Exploring Similarities and Differences.
Upon completion of the certificate a participant will be able to:
- Select and design inclusive instructional materials that represent diverse perspectives.
- Monitor diversity in the representation of participants in the teaching and learning environment.
- Develop assessments that minimize the potential for bias.
- Recognize and examine biases that arise in assessment decisions.
- Diagnose learners’ diverse needs and design relevant instructional activities.
- Address bias and microaggressions in the learning environment in the moment.
- Explore instructors’/mentors’ differences and similarities with learners/mentees to improve engagement and support.
- Provide feedback that is sensitive to learners’ different backgrounds and experience.
Register for Workshops
Click links to read more and register.
IMPORTANT: To see events more than 6 months out, search inusing Category filters.
We are currently scheduling workshops for summer and fall 2021. Please check this page for workshops as they are scheduled.
- Enroll in Teach for UCSF
- Read more about Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
- Ask a question
- Request a transcript
- Link to this page: http://tiny.ucsf.edu/T4UCSFTEI
Important Dates to Hold
- UCSF ODO Unconscious Bias Resources
- UCSF ODO Addressing Bias, Discrimination and Hate
- UCSF Center for Enhancement of Communication in Healthcare – Relationship Centered Communication trainings
- Racial Equity Tools
- Teaching Tolerance – Self-guided learning
- Beyond Bigots and Snowflakes video series
Certificate Teaching Team
Steward: Kate Lupton, MD
- Jennifer Braddock, CNM, MS
- E. Alexandra Brown, MD
- Kim Dau, RN, MS, CNM
- Rosny Daniel, MD
- Sneha Daya, MD
- Ana Delgado, RN, MS, CNM
- Robin Goldman, MD
- Eva Goodfriend-Reano, CNM
- Rebekah Kaplan, MSN, CNM
- Kate Lupton, MD
- Anna Meyer, MD
- Kara Myers, RN, MS, CNM
- Meghan O'Brien, MD
- Nynikka Palmer, DrPH, MPH
- Gabriel Sarah, MD