Workshops can be taken in any order. Titles may vary. Workshop Dashboard links are for use during workshops.
- Curricular Materials for Equity and Inclusion
- Microaggressions: Examining the Teaching and Learning Environment
- Equitable Assessment
- Learning Climate in Medical Education
- Feedback Fundamentals - 4hr¹
- Advanced Feedback across Differences (has a prerequisite)¹
Selective Workshops (one is required)
- Racial Bias in Clinical Learning
- Inclusive Leadership
- Holistic Approach to Hiring and Selection (in development)
¹ Feedback Fundamentals - 4hr is a prerequisite to Advanced Feedback across Differences. It was not previously listed here, but is not a new requirement.
² Formerly listed as Exploring Similarities and Differences.
Upon completion of the certificate a participant will be able to:
- Select and design inclusive instructional materials that represent diverse perspectives.
- Monitor diversity in the representation of participants in the teaching and learning environment.
- Develop assessments that minimize the potential for bias.
- Recognize and examine biases that arise in assessment decisions.
- Diagnose learners’ diverse needs and design relevant instructional activities.
- Address bias and microaggressions in the learning environment in the moment.
- Explore instructors’/mentors’ differences and similarities with learners/mentees to improve engagement and support.
- Provide feedback that is sensitive to learners’ different backgrounds and experience.
Register for Workshops
Click links to read more and register.
We are currently scheduling workshops for summer and fall 2021. Please check this page for workshops as they are scheduled.
- Enroll in Teach for UCSF
- Read more about Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
- Ask a question
- Request a transcript
- Link to this page: http://tiny.ucsf.edu/T4UCSFTEI
Important Dates to Hold
Teach for UCSF Cohort Option NEW!
We are offering to group participants into self-managed cohorts based on Teach for UCSF certificate track and enrollment date. If you are interested, please read more and opt in at this link: http://tiny.ucsf.edu/T4UCSFcohort
- UCSF ODO Unconscious Bias Resources
- UCSF ODO Addressing Bias, Discrimination and Hate
- UCSF Center for Enhancement of Communication in Healthcare – Relationship Centered Communication trainings
- Racial Equity Tools
- Teaching Tolerance – Self-guided learning
- Beyond Bigots and Snowflakes video series
Certificate Teaching Team
Steward: Kate Lupton, MD
- Jennifer Braddock, CNM, MS
- E. Alexandra Brown, MD
- Kim Dau, RN, MS, CNM
- Rosny Daniel, MD
- Sneha Daya, MD
- Ana Delgado, RN, MS, CNM
- Robin Goldman, MD
- Eva Goodfriend-Reano, CNM
- Rebekah Kaplan, MSN, CNM
- Kate Lupton, MD
- Anna Meyer, MD
- Kara Myers, RN, MS, CNM
- Meghan O'Brien, MD
- Nynikka Palmer, DrPH, MPH
- Gabriel Sarah, MD