Titles may vary. Links lead to workshop dashboards with learning materials and links to skills assessments..
- Small Group Teaching
- Curriculum Development
- in Health Professions Education
- Learning Climate
- Teaching and Assessing in Competency-Based Education
Completion of this full-day core simulation training satisfies the requirement for the Mini-Certificate in Simulation Teaching.
- Simulation: Why, When, What?
- Planning and Designing Mannequin-Based Simulation Scenarios
- Conducting Scenario-Based Simulations
- Debriefing Scenario-Based Simulations
These former workshops have been condensed into a full-day training offered twice per year, "Using Simulation in Medical Education." Past participants in the above workshops will receive credit toward the certificate/mini-certificate.
- Apply principles of curriculum development to the design of simulation scenarios, in particular choose appropriate simulation strategies to achieve learning objectives.
- Conduct scenario-based simulations, maximizing fidelity and learner engagement.
- Choose and apply an effective debriefing strategy for scenario-based simulations.
- Choose and apply effective assessment tools for use in simulation.
Register for Workshops
Click links to read more and register.
Or, search in calendar view using category filters.
Simulation Teaching Links
- Progress-Tracking Worksheet
- Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
- Enroll in Teach for UCSF
- Accelerated Path to Teach for UCSF Certificates
- Ask a question
- Kanbar Center for Simulation, Clinical Skills and Telemedicine Education
- Kanbar Instructor Guide
- Link to this page: http://tinyurl.com/T4UCSFSim
Important Dates to Hold
Teach for UCSF Cohort Option NEW!
We are offering to group participants into self-managed cohorts based on Teach for UCSF certificate track and enrollment date. If you are interested, please read more and opt in at this link: http://tiny.ucsf.edu/T4UCSFcohort
Certificate Teaching Team
Steward: Sandrijn Van Schaik, MD, PhD
- Mindy Ju
- Shruti Kant
- Anita Richards
- Sandrijn Van Schaik
- Maria Wamsley
- Sharon Youmans