Click links for workshop dashboards with learning materials and links to skills assessments. Titles may vary.
- Large Group Teaching
- Small Group Teaching
- Clinical Teaching (workshop)
- Teaching Procedural Skills
- Using Technology for Effective Teaching
- Curriculum Development
- Teaching and Assessing in Competency-Based Education
Selective Workshops (one is required)
- Test Development
- Use of Standardized Patients
- Constructing an Assessment Scale
- Formative Assessment
- Learner Portfolio Development (discontinued workshop)
- Remediation for Learners (discontinued workshop)
- Demonstrate skills in the teaching methods pertinent in health professions education: large group, small group, clinical, and procedural teaching.
- Identify the steps in instructional/curriculum development.
- Write measurable learning objectives.
- Provide positive feedback.
- Develop assessments matched to desired learning outcomes.
- Align objectives and teaching method.
- Define and design competency-based education.
Register for Workshops
Click links to read more and register.
Or, search in calendar format using category filters.
General Teaching Links
- Ask a question
- Complete skills assessment make-ups: see links in Required Workshop Topics at left.
- Link to this page: http://tinyurl.com/T4UCSFGen
NOTE: Starting with the 2022-2023 cohort, a Teach for UCSF Certificate in General Teaching will be required to apply for the Teaching Scholars Program.