Click links for workshop dashboards with learning materials and links to skills assessments. Titles may vary.
- Large Group Teaching
- Small Group Teaching
- Clinical Teaching (workshop)
- Teaching Procedural Skills
- Using Technology for Effective Teaching
- Feedback Fundamentals (4hrs)
- Curriculum Development
- Teaching and Assessing in Competency-Based Education
Selective Workshops (one is required)
- Test Development
- Use of Standardized Patients
- Constructing an Assessment Scale
- Formative Assessment
- Advanced Feedback: Feedback Across Differences NEW!
- Learner Portfolio Development (discontinued workshop)
- Remediation for Learners (discontinued workshop)
- Demonstrate skills in the teaching methods pertinent in health professions education: large group, small group, clinical, and procedural teaching.
- Identify the steps in instructional/curriculum development.
- Write measurable learning objectives.
- Provide positive feedback.
- Develop assessments matched to desired learning outcomes.
- Align objectives and teaching method.
- Define and design competency-based education.
Register for Workshops
Click links to read more and register.
Or, search in calendar format using category filters.
- Ask a question
- Complete skills assessment make-ups: see links in Required Workshop Topics at left.
- Link to this page: http://tinyurl.com/T4UCSFGen
NOTE: Starting with the 2022-2023 cohort, a Teach for UCSF Certificate in General Teaching will be required to apply for the Teaching Scholars Program.
Certificate Teaching Team
Steward: Patricia O'Sullivan
- Zane Amenhotep
- Christy Boscardin
- Christian Burke
- Calvin Chou
- Madhavi Dandu
- Denise Davis
- John Davis
- Darren Fiore
- Duncan Henry
- Erick Hung
- Katherine Hyland
- Marieke Kruidering
- Ryan Laponis
- Ellen Laves
- Andrea Marmor
- Lindsay Mazotti
- Kara Myers
- Jennifer Perkins
- Brian Schwartz
- Sarah Summerville
- Jessica Tashjian
- Charlotte Wills
- Pinelopi Xenoudi