On a small monitor? This page will be easier to read if you collapse the side bar menu. Click the << icon in the bottom-left of the page.
Key tasks accomplished
|Management (Shared DAMS)|
- Bulk upload client: developed a web client for bulk uploading files to the Nuxeo platform. Now open for testing by DAMS users.
- Merritt pipeline: tested the DAMS-Merritt ingest pipeline with a simple object collection.
- Migration: migrated UC Merced Ramicova collection to Nuxeo.
Aggregation (Metadata Harvest into Common Index)
- End-to-end throughput: brought one collection each from UCLA, UCSD, and UCSB data sources all the way through the harvest pipeline and up on the prototype website.
- Infrastructure upgrade: increased the speed of the harvest by rebuilding the infrastructure (distributing parts over multiple instances).
- Data analysis: identified gaps in data demanded by the Calisphere design, ensured all existing Calisphere collections are accounted for in the Registry, implemented decade and object type facets.
- Documentation: revised documentation site information architecture, integrated policies reviewed by SAG2, and added more contextual information.
- Campus visits: in-person meetings with UCLA, UCSD, and UCSB to engage stakeholers and collaborate on harvest methods.
|Access (Calisphere and the API)|
- Design feedback and revisions: conducted focus groups for stakeholder feedback on the Calisphere designs, and began modifications to incorporate feedback.
- Creation of templates: created page templates for all of the existing graphic design views (and then some)
- Integration with data: wrote pages and pulled data into search results, collections, and simple objects
- Image display from Nuxeo: built a proof-of-concept for the full stack (using IIIF) for the display of simple images in Calisphere which are hosted in the Shared DAMS.