See SCO's response for CDC to this proposal.
I am pleased to announce the launch of Wiley Open Access, a new publishing program of open access journals. Supported by a network of high-quality journals and societies as well as internationally-renowned editorial board members, Wiley Open Access journals are launching throughout 2011. I wanted to notify our valued institutional colleagues that we are now taking submissions for contributors to our new open access journals.
Wiley offers an exceptional portfolio of 3 million+ articles from nearly 1,500 journals, half of which are published in partnership with prestigious scholarly and professional, specialized, regional, and international non-profit societies. Our titles cover the full spectrum of life, health and physical sciences, social sciences and the humanities, and include many titles ranked at the forefront of their field. Wiley is committed to continue to develop its products and services to meet the needs of the scholarly community.
In partnership with our society and journal partners, Wiley offers the following open access options to complement our subscription publishing:
− a hybrid open access option for over 500 journals
Wiley Open Access − a program of broad scope fully open access journals
The first Wiley Open Access journals will launch during 2011, publishing primary peer reviewed research in broad-based subject disciplines:
Wiley Open Access journals are supported by a network of authoritative journals and by our partner societies as well as internationally-renowned editorial board members. Authors retain copyright and articles are published under the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Open Access Payment Options for Institutions and Funders
Wiley Open Access payment options allow organizations to pay for the open access publication fee in full or in part for their authors publishing in our hybrid and fully open access journals. To enable academic and research institutions to financially support their investigators publishing open access articles with Wiley, the following open access payment options are available:
Option One − Wiley open access Accounts enable institutions and funders to pay upfront for open access articles published by their authorized authors. Upon publication, the full open access publication fee for the journal in question, minus the account discount, will be deducted from the account.
Wiley Open Access Accounts are flexible and easy to manage:
- Institutions and funders can set up accounts to specific Wiley journals or groups of journals that offer open access.
- Customers can deposit a set amount and with this cap how much to spend from their annual budget.
- Customers can top-up their account with additional funds at any time. Monies can be carried over from year to year until it’s used up.
- Email alerts are sent to customer administrators when funding is requested from a Wiley Open Access Account allowing them to question submissions not believed to be from the account holder’s institution or funder.
- Regular statements are emailed to administrators giving up-to-date detail of activity and balance on their Wiley Open Access account.
Wiley Open Access Accounts benefit institutions, funders and their authors:
- Wiley Open Access Accounts remove the administrative and financial burden from the individual authors choosing open access with Wiley.
- Research outcomes are published under open access in Wiley’s high quality journals which meet the requirements of funding organizations and institutions where these apply.
- Institutions and funders with Wiley Open Access Accounts receive a discount for upfront payment of open access publication fees. The higher the amount paid in advance the greater the discount given.
Option Two − Wiley Open Access Partnership Fee
Institutions pay a flat rate annual fee based on the number of Faculty FTEs at their institution. Members of the institution are then given a 15% discount on the open access publication fee when publishing in our journals. Authors pay the remaining balance of the open access publication fee from their own funds.
Partners Fee Pricing Introductory Launch Offer:
Band Price in US dollars
If you have any questions or would like any further information on pricing and discounts please get in touch, I hope to hear from you soon.
Senior Sales Manager