- UC Berkeley – Susan Koskinen
- UC Berkeley – Samantha Teplitzky
- UC Davis – Amy Studer
- UC Davis – Heather Hayashi (co-Chair)
- UC Irvine – Mitchell Brown
- UC Irvine – Shu Liu
- UC Los Angeles – Jennifer Chan
- UC Los Angeles – Marty Brennan
- UC Merced – Donald Barclay
- UC Merced – Jerrold Shiroma (co-Chair)
- UC Riverside – Swati Bhattacharyya
- UC Riverside – Brianna Marshall
- UC San Diego – Mary Linn Bergstrom
- UC San Diego - Allegra Swift
- UC San Francisco – Anneliese Taylor
- UC Santa Cruz – Christy Hightower
- UC Santa Cruz – Christy Caldwell
- UC Santa Barbara – Sherri Barnes
- UC Santa Barbara – Eileen Joy
- UC Santa Barbara – Kyra Folk-Farber
- CDL – Katie Fortney
- CDL – Mat Willmott
- CDL – Alainna Wrigley
Notes taken by Heather Hayashi
Announcements / Administrivia
Welcome, Alainna from CDL!
Deep-Dive topic this month:
1st HALF | 1-1:30pm PST
Discussion of our CKG suggesting a Schol Comm resource or tool for the CDL call for resources, including OA efforts, and STAR team wondering if more UC campuses could join TOME - deadline to submit ideas to CDL list 02/28/19 - thanks Christy!
For more information:
2nd HALF | 1:30-2pm PST
TOME Project Speaker: Peter Potter, ARL VIsiting Program Office
For more information:
Updates from crossover groups
- STAR (Scholarly Transformation Advice and Review) team?
- UCB -
- UCD - Interviews for Scholarly Communications Officer position held two weeks ago, two candidates, awaiting news. Collaborating with eScholarship, TOME publishers, and ARL TOME to streamline OA publishing workflows, and to identify opportunities for tome project/oa monograph education
- UCI - Working with Beckman Laser Institute and Chao Center Center to integrate ORCiD and publication managements outreach to their researchers. The goal is to highlight the research center activity and coordinate with the campus Office of Research to present research impact.
- UCLA - We're holding 3 programs in celebration of Fair Use Week: https://www.library.ucla.edu/news-events/events-agenda?f%5B0%5D=field_event_series%3A1705
- UCM -
- UCR - Nothing specific to report.
- UCSB - UCSB’s reorg planning is progressing slowly. Sherri is advocating for a collection strategist to be dedicated to data analysis related to the UCPMS/OA Policy compliance; the new Open Access Fund that is in the works; and the savings from the transition to OA/flipped journals. The new OA Fund will not support monographs. UCSB's OA monograph dollars are going toward the punctum books+UCSB Library Partnership. Punctum will have a booth at ACRL, April 10-13. If attending, visit us at booth 764. The Academic Senate endorsed OA2020. Press releases etc. are forthcoming. On April 4 the Library is hosting a Sprint to advance production on punctum desired functions in Editoria, an open source book publishing tool for streamlining production. Editoria is a project of the Coko Foundation, in partnership with UC Press and the CDL. The Library finished work on the punctum catalog upgrade, where MARC, KBART, and ONYX records of punctum's catalog, including chapters, have been created. The catalog will be hosted and preserved through OAPEN and Portico. Work is to begin this spring on the assessment of the backend of punctum's website. Can campuses that list OA monograph publishing options for authors on their website include punctum books? There are no author APCs, but authors from institutions with OA funds will be asked to apply to the fund for support. There is no required amount. Punctum covers the cost of publishing through print sales, individual monthly subscriptions, donations, translation rights, graduated OA downloads, voluntary APCs, limited internships, and the sweat equity of the co-directors. We are working toward a library membership program. Campuses that have faculty members that have published punctum books or contributed to one of their edited volumes include UCLA, UCD, UCB, UCSC, UCR, UCI, and UCSB.
- UCSC -
- UCSD - Elsevier negotiations discussions have come up in a dissertation talk, in a faculty meeting, and various workshops. We have done work on alleviating APC pain with a departmental focus group. Just presented the workflow https://figshare.com/articles/Publication_review_workflow_diagram/7859915 and recommendation results to the faculty. In conversations about an ACM proposal. Convening a group to implement our institutional ORCiD. Finished up our UC OSC RIMS report. Gave input to the Faculty Senate RIMS report that was just submitted.
- UCSF - no updates
- CDL -
the pAction Items