|+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)|
|Meeting ID:||236 485 718|
- UC Berkeley – Samantha Teplitzky
- UC Davis – Heather Hayashi (co-Chair)
- UC Irvine – Mitchell Brown
- UC Irvine – Shu Liu
- UC Los Angeles – Jennifer Chan
- UC Los Angeles – Marty Brennan
- UC Merced – Donald Barclay
- UC Merced – Jerrold Shiroma (co-Chair)
- UC Riverside – Swati Bhattacharyya
- UC Riverside – Brianna Marshall
- UC San Diego – Mary Linn Bergstrom
- UC San Diego - Allegra Swift
- UC San Francisco – Anneliese Taylor
- UC Santa Cruz – Christy Hightower
- UC Santa Cruz – Christy Caldwell
- UC Santa Barbara – Sherri Barnes (Will likely be tardy.)
- UC Santa Barbara – Eileen Joy
- UC Santa Barbara – Kyra Folk-Farber
- CDL – Katie Fortney
- CDL – Mat Willmott
Notes taken by
Announcements / Administrivia
- Jerrold is wrapping up his term as co-chair with August's meeting. We'll need a volunteer to take over!
Deep-Dive topic this month:
- UC San Diego to present APC relief study and approach to "Recommending OA Publishing Opportunities to Faculty"
- Links to sites mentioned in discussion
Updates from crossover groups
- UCB -
- UCD - New SCO, Michael Ladisch arrived Monday, June 17th! UCD Library formed an agreement with Frontiers Journal benefitting UCD-authors with a 7.5% APC discount until 2019. We plan to negotiate a 10% APC discount in 2020.
- UCI - Mitchell will be missing today's call. I am part of a presentation for the Office of Research QRAM (Quarterly research Administrator Meeting) to give an update on ORCiD. A notice from eRA COmons Working Group (CWG) Meeting Notes (May 21, 2019) - NIH’s plans to mandate ORCHID ID’s for K awardees as well as trainees supported on training grants. ORCID ID will be required for appointees to institutional training grants and other awards that make appointments through xTrain, beginning in October 2019. The ORCiD will be required in the Credential field of the application or the application will not continue.
- UCLA -
- UCM -
- UCR -
- UCSB - We are preparing to relaunch our OA publishing fund. The Guidelines are significantly different than our pilot program that ran 2012-2016. A search for an AUL for Research Resources and Scholalry Communication (my boss, Janet Martorana's replacement), will begin soon. The departments that will report to this division head are Acquisitions and Resources Mangement (ARMS); Collection Strategies; Content Managment Services, and the Scholarly Communication Program. UCSB and Punctum are partners on a 3-year multi-institution Research England grant to develop OA book publishing infrastructures – Community-Led Open Publication Infrastructures for Monographs (COPIM). UCSB is an official member of the ORCID US Community. We have our orientation in July.
- UCSC -
- UCSD - Just met with our Scholarly Communications Working Group to determine goals and strategic initiatives for the upcoming year. Lots of change happening at the library, 2 AULs retiring this month with my supervisor, AUL for Collections, last day tomorrow. 3rd AUL's (that's 3/3) announced her retirement (Dec 2019) this afternoon. Scholcom (me) will be reporting to the Academic Liaison Program Director in the interim and no longer under Collections.
- UCSF - Our Open Science Group is hosting a preprint symposium on July 11. We're hiring an AUL for Research and Learning, which will oversee Scholarly Communication, Education Research, Data Science, and more.
- CDL -