|+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)|
|Meeting ID:||236 485 718|
- UC Berkeley – Susan Koskinen
- UC Berkeley – Samantha Teplitzky
- UC Davis – Amy Studer
- UC Davis – Heather Hayashi (co-Chair)
- UC Irvine – Mitchell Brown
- UC Irvine – Shu Liu
- UC Los Angeles – Jennifer Chan
- UC Los Angeles – Marty Brennan
- UC Merced – Donald Barclay
- UC Merced – Jerrold Shiroma (co-Chair)
- UC Riverside – Swati Bhattacharyya
- UC Riverside – Brianna Marshall
- UC San Diego – Mary Linn Bergstrom
- UC San Diego - Allegra Swift, regrets can't attend due to meeting conflict
- UC San Francisco – Anneliese Taylor
- UC Santa Cruz – Christy Hightower
- UC Santa Cruz – Christy Caldwell
- UC Santa Barbara – Sherri Barnes
- UC Santa Barbara – Eileen Joy
- UC Santa Barbara – Kyra Folk-Farber
- CDL – Katie Fortney
- CDL – Mat Willmott
Notes taken by
Announcements / Administrivia
FSCI 2019 Call for Courses due Friday - but if you need a few more days just let me know, and go ahead and submit at the page below, where you can also find more details:
Doodle poll for new meeting time coming shortly.
Deep-Dive topic this month:
Updates from crossover groups
- OSC: hasn't met since this group's last meeting
- Data Curation CKG: UC DLFx will be at UCSD, May 20-22
STAR Team: We are updating our review criteria as part of an annual cycle of review, and finishing work on a webinar for UC people that will explain our team's work and how UC people can get involved.
- UCD - second interviews for Schol Comm Officer (https://www.library.ucdavis.edu/job/scholarly-communications-officer-and-program-lead/) candidates taking place in two weeks! Created FAQ/Q&A's "Reference" GoogleDoc for internal ScholComm support team
- UCI - Working with editors to bring a new journal to press on eScholarship: JAD – Journal of Agriculture and Development (https://escholarship.org/uc/jad). Ramping up ORCiD outreach presented by Research Support Fair hosted by UCI Office of Research.
- UCLA - FSCI 2019 Call for Courses due Friday - see above in Announcements. Also, Jennifer and I are working on a few events for Fair Use Week, Feb. 25th - Mar 1st.
- UCM -
- UCR -
- UCSB - UCSB is rebooting our open access fund to support APCs for journals only. My goal is to have the new program ups and running by Spring quarter or sooner. Punctum remains our means of supporting OA monographs. Academic openings in the library, including data curators. An Editoria-punctum Sprint is planned for early April at UCSB. Stop by the punctum booth (#754) at ACRL 2019 in Cleveland, April 10-13.
- UCSC - We spoke to the Graduate Student Association about the Elsevier negotiation. Based on their questions about author copyright and UC OA policies, we are following up with another meeting. Taking advantage of the synergy between those topics.
- UCSD - UC OSC RIMS work continuing, final stages of data gathering from your campuses; thank you all for working with the working group. It looks like our VC is signing OA2020 after our UL presented at the Representative Assembly with the Committee on the Library Chair. We'll be holding a campus town hall in Feb re Elsevier negotiations.
- UCSF - no updates
- CDL - We have 2 new folks starting in Publishing & Special Collections this week! Alainna Wrigley is the new Publication System Management Coordinator, and Christine Kim is the new OAC/Calisphere Service & Outreach Manager.