1. Summary and Scope of Work
The Ethnic Studies Common Knowledge Group (ES-CKG) is a standing group of librarians and other professionals whose work is related to the study of race, ethnicity and attendant fields. ES-CKG communicates with and provides support to the UC Libraries Advisory Structure but does not make systemwide policy decisions, manage projects or project teams, or oversee ongoing services. The purpose of the UC ES-CKG is to provide a forum for the exchange of information and ideas on topics related to collection development policies and procedures. The UC ES-CKG will work to identify topics of interest for discussion, including the acquisition and maintenance of print and electronic collections, resource sharing, budgets, licensing, archives and other issues as they may arise.
2. Key Expectations
- Gather and share information about the environment, opportunities, new technologies, best practices, and local campus developments within the fields of Ethnic Studies, centers and related disciplines.
- Provide input and information to other UC Libraries groups as requested.
- Conceive and advance innovative ideas and improvements relevant to the UC Libraries’ Systemwide Plan and Priorities. Advise on systemwide licensing or purchasing of new resources, for cross-campus use and sharing.
- Develop workflows and collaborate on building shareable collections across campuses and within local library units such as special collections and archives.