Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Common Knowledge Group Charter
2. Key Expectations
This CKG will:
- Discuss current and planned initiatives across the UC library system.
- Gather and share information about the environment, opportunities, new technologies, best practices, and local campus developments within the knowledge areas of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Provide input and information to other UC Libraries groups, such as DOC and CoUL, as requested.
- Conceive and advance innovative ideas and improvements relevant to the UC Libraries’ Systemwide Plan and Priorities.
This CKG aims to offer support to UC Libraries EDI groups and is not meant to be project driven.
3. Membership and Terms of Appointment
Membership is open to all levels of staff interested in EDI issues in the library. To seek membership, interested parties must contact an EDI CKG chair or vice-chair. The group includes library staff members representing the 10 UC campuses and the California Digital Library and other representatives invited by the chair.
Chair and Vice-chair positions will serve for a 1 year term (2 years total as Vice Chair and then Chair), and will rotate among the campuses in alphabetical order based on available resources. Two people may also serve as co-chairs of the group, with the Vice Chair rotating into a co-chair position each year.
|Current members include:||Contact information:|
|Alix Norton (UCSC) - Cofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jerrold Shiroma (UCM) - Coemail@example.com|
Rachel Almodovar (UCSD)
|Celina Ivy (UCD)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Diana King (UCLA)||email@example.com|
|Megan Rosenbloom (UCLA)|
|Krystal Tribbett (UCI)|
4. Communication and Meetings
This CKG’s communication responsibilities are to:
- Maintain an email list for use by the CKG; CKGs with open membership will maintain lists open to all interested UC Libraries staff.
- Post and maintain a historical record of meeting minutes and reports, accessible to all interested UC Libraries staff.=
5. This CKG will communicate regularly through these forums:
- Via an email listserv: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via a wiki space