Child pages
  • 2019-06-19
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Matthew Stahl is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/4149724120

Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16468769923,,4149724120# or +16699006833,,4149724120#

Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833

Meeting ID: 414 972 4120

International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/abURFDFcGr

Attendees:

Matthew Stahl

Jim Dooley

Elvia Arroyo-Ramirez

Kathi Neal

Andrew Lippert

Andrea Hoff

Teresa Mora

Marlayna Christensen

Kevin C Miller


Discussion items

Time

Item

Who

Notes

5 minutesAndrea Hoff IntroductionAndrea Hoff

Welcome!

10 minutesCampus Updates

UCB: Bancroft is starting a moratorium on collecting activities July to Nov due to staff retirements, in addition to space restraints at NRLF; 400th commemoration of arrival of slaves–yearlong commemoration highlighting African-American collections

UCD: Results of yearlong review resulted in new department: Archives and Special Collections, merging the Archives and Institutional Assets Program with Special Collections. Currently an open recruitment for the Head of this department; possibly more hiring to follow.

UCI: Spec received award from Cross-Cultural Center (Partnership in Action award), which specifically called out archivist in residence outreach program–resulted in a lot of new student organization records (contributing to Project Stand); working on getting former Chancellor's email, records from the School of Social Sciences, etc.; focusing on strategic planning, rather than just being responsive; some reprocessing

UCM: Not much new to report on archives front; University Archivist still in plans for hiring (full FTE) within the next 2 to 3 years.

UCR: Andrea (new UA) is picking things up from Andrew. Mostly in a holding pattern waiting for Andrea, but have made some accessions

UCSD: Two AULs retired, one more in Dec. Interim structure just announced; preparing for 50th anniversary of the library; got commitment from records manager to release Chancellor's email from 2006 to 2012–they are a little nervous, but willing once they saw ePADD.

UCSF: absent

UCSB: LA4 prospect is delayed; restructuring processing in Spec (previously each curator had an assigned LA4–moving more to a staff pool model; collections: Natural Reserve system acquisition; revisiting records groups structure to reflect campus hierarchy.

UCSC: holding the line with University Archives, but not a lot of proactive outreach possible, excepting the Chancellor's records–some hiccups with email transfers (Chancellor's staff has issues)–strategy is to start with a small portion to ease them in (like UCSD); in talks with Highland/Perceptive DAMS tool regarding a script to run as needed on the records management database (Chancellor's Office);

20 minutesRecords Manager Group Email Presentation Report

Marlayna and Tori Maches attended face-to-face Records Management meeting in Riverside to discuss tools and policies for ingesting born digital assets, especially email.

-she had showed ePADD to the UCSD Records Manager with great results

-at the meeting, ePADD had a positive response

-concerns from attendees: iterations of emails-what will we retain? What will the discovery layer look like? How will the unredacted master files be stored? Will those be subject to legal requests?

-they were particularly interested in how we would use the tool to screen for PII

-part of it is education: need joint statement (RMC and UCAC) referencing 1969 document on the ownership of institutional records (authored by Earl Bolton)

-Someone from UCR questioned the legitimacy of UCAC, but Marlayna reassured her

-next steps? UCAC should work on a draft of a joint statement to share in advance of the January joint meeting with RMC (have date; Marlayna will share it) Who will work on it? Matt will take the lead (with Andrea, Marlayna, and Elvia)

5 minutesUCAC Website Update

Matt needs to write a summary of changes to policies and the reasons for the changes for HOSC, which Teresa will share.

-Marlayna would like to see a lot of clean-up on the public facing site

-maintaining the website could be a role for the Chair (Teresa will help out)

10 minutesUCAC Policies Outstanding issuesSee above
10 minutesTransition of Chair to UCSC

Chair is passing to UCSC (Teresa)

-Teresa: schedule question: should we continue with 3rd Weds. of every other month? Next meeting in Aug, and she will schedule out the year

  • No labels