Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Matthew Stahl is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/4149724120

Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16468769923,,4149724120# or +16699006833,,4149724120#

Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833

Meeting ID: 414 972 4120 International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/abURFDFcGr

Attendees:

Discussion items

Time

Item

Who

Notes

10 minCampus UpdatesEveryone

introduction of Andrew L: Special Collections Processing Archivist serving as interim UA; UCR has just completed search; hoping to have someone on board this spring.

UCB: not present

UCD: reorg of Special Collections, combining University Archives back into Special Collections. Once reorg is fully implemented there will probably be a search for someone to focus on born digital. On DOC Digital Preservation Strategy Task Force.

UCI: not present

UCLA: not present

UCM: 10 new positions for the Library including FT University Archivist (probably 3 years out)

UCR: program somewhat on hold while waiting to fill position; focus of new UA will be on campus outreach and compliance with records management; cross records manager/ archivist.

UCSD: working on exhibits; lots of focus on Geisel (Seuss) collection; continues outreach; working on getting EPadd up and running. FYI work on revising UC Guidelines underway.

UCSF: starting to reach out to UCSF Fresno

UCSB: should be getting an LA4 in next FY; hired two new LA4s (one to support CEMA; other working on various projects). 75th Anniversary coming up, planning year long exhibit for next academic year.

UCSC: Chancellor's Office- working with Hyland to look into options for pulling born digital documents out of ERMS used by RIM.

10 minWrap up Policies for Administration of UC Archives- pass on to HOSCMatthew StahlNext steps: take to HOSC for approval (he'll share with Teresa to put on HOSC agenda)

Next Meeting
Matt will send out Doodle poll for in person meeting at SCA.
30 minCLIR Email Report (Sec. 1-3)Matthew Stahl

Discussion:

Matt noted attempt to discuss with Records Managers at joint meeting but not well received (concern about legal liability)

Wonders why there was such a reaction? Is this a trust issue?

How best to mitigate/ overcome?

Is there formal UC Policy on archiving of email? No.

Should UCAC develop a policy to present to Records Managers?

Possibly remind Records Managers that email is covered by Records Retention Policy.

Interest in implementing a Capstone like program at UCSB; how to get buy in?

Capstone is actually very much the antithesis of trends in archival practice (only saving the "top" level and ignoring those with less often heard voices).

Do we have the infrastructure to support?

Student groups - Matt has started talking with some groups who have expressed willingness to share, but concerned about violating the "safe space" under which messages were created. How will we deal with privacy? Embargos? How long?

  • No labels