Child pages
  • 2018-10-17 UCAC Meeting Notes
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM


Matthew Stahl is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/4149724120

Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16468769923,,4149724120# or +16699006833,,4149724120#

Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833

Meeting ID: 414 972 4120 International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/abURFDFcGr

Attendees

Discussion items





Time

Item

Who

Notes

 

Minutes

 

Campus Updates


  • Berkeley (Kathi)
    • 2 AUL positions now being recruited.
    • Kathi serving on the Friends of the Bancroft Library Council.
  • Irvine (Elvia)
    • Concluded search for archivist for special collections. Archivist was selected and will begin in January 2019.
    • Continuing to get integrated into new position.
    • Working with history intern on materials for Cross Cultural Center in preparation for their 40th anniversary.
    • Processing 2 large faculty papers collections.
  • Merced (Jim)
    • Beginning discussions with campus records manager and academic senate. All incoming records will be electronic.
    • Started preliminary discussions with records manager regarding handling email
  • San Diego (Marlayna)
    • New Digital Archivist, Tori Maches, started in August.
    • New UL visit to Special Collections.
    • CoUL likely to begin discussion about looking for a way to systematically receive and archive email.
  • San Francisco (Polina)
    • Library going through reorganization.
    • Getting lots of campus requests to review records as units are preparing to move to new campus area.
    • Very busy due to staff vacancies.
  • Santa Barbara (Matt)
    • AUL position to be posted soon.
    • New UL started in April.
    • Electronic Records Day - gave presentation for departments with records manager and sustainability office. Quite a bit of interest with standing room only. Email was a strong topic.
 Email Archiving Discussion Matthew Stahl
  • Have you received any email in collections? If so, how do you handle it?
    • Berkeley: has received some email, but the collections remain unprocessed due to staff shortages and still determining how to handle access issues.
    • San Francisco: in process of receiving a large collection from retired faculty member. Started conversation about Chancellor's email.
    • Irvine: have a collection on ePADD, but it is currently on hold awaiting ePADD upgrade.
    • Santa Barbara: born digital staff member recently left and Matt is now responsible for this area. They have email from a faculty member forthcoming.
  • Any discussions at campus level of handling email capture?
    • San Diego: has access to older Chancellor email through the records manager's content management system, but can not provide access to researchers. Have collections from two provosts ready to be received, but haven't brought them in yet awaiting the digital archivist and some decisions on how to handle and store them.
    • Santa Barbara: Records Manager is concerned about email content that could be used in lawsuits.
  • Group mentioned the following reports as good resources to read and discuss at future meetings to help develop local framework and possibly use to develop guidelines:

ACTION ITEM: Review sections 1-3 of the CLIR Report for next meeting in conjunction with the UC ECP.

 Update on UCAC Policy Rewrites Polina E Ilieva

Policies for Administration of University of California Archives

  • Sections 1-8 (Teresa, Kathi, Matt, Heather) – divided between the group. In progress.
  • Appendix I (Kevin, Marlayna) – In progress.
  • Appendix II (Audra, Polina, Matt) – In progress.
  • Appendix III (UC Records Managers: Brenda (SF), Roger (LA), Paula (SD)

Timeline to complete: submit to group by December 15.

ACTION ITEM: review and update assigned section. Send revised section to group by December 15.


Propose a new date for next conference call
New proposed: December 5

Agenda Building

  • Next meeting: December 5, 1-2 pm
  • Minutes:
  • No labels