When: Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 1:00 pm (1 hr),
Join the web meeting
Audio Only Dial-In:
+1 415-514-1000 (Toll)
991 349 359
| 10 min||Roll call/Campus Updates|| everyone|
- serving as interim head of Special Collections in addition to regular duties
- dissertations via Google Books; entering copyright review phase - scholarly communications and campus counsel involved
- working on digitization projects to load to Calisphere
- looking at systemwide electronic resources with high cost/low usage
- bringing in faculty papers
- industry collections will now be part of Special Collections
- preparing for archives month
- serving as interim head of Special Collections
- new staff member - Jessica Piza
- did survey of faculty papers, researching other collection development policies to frame local policy
- campus newspaper scanning project completed
- setting up born digital processes
- will be doing a university archives survey soon
- some campus administrators left recently - looking at their incoming collections
| 15 min|| UA mission/collection development policy|| |
No documents currently shared. We will discuss this during November 15th meeting.
- UCAC members – upload your collection development policies and mission statements (draft or official)
| 10 min|| Joint meeting with Records Manager planning|
- Face-to-face meeting held in June at UC Davis. Discussed batches of RMP.
- Research data – RM are getting questions about research data. Kevin shared information about what the libraries are doing.
- UC Ready tool presentation (by UCSC member) – looking at how it could be applied locally.
- Sesquicentennial planning – group is not planning anything specific, but prepared to help provide materials. Discussed how records managers could encourage campus office/units to be more aware of responsibilities
- Next meeting: January in Oakland. Focus will be on the library records on the retention schedule.
| 10 min|| Retention schedule||Marlayna Christensen|
Retention schedule has a limited number of items that are marked for "permanent retention" and many of them are not appropriate for university archives. The records manager is often needed to emphasize the importance of the retention of records. Many of the things that are of most interest to the university archives goes beyond the "permanent retention" category. The permanent retention records are the bare minimum of what should be retained.
D – has a Records Manager/University Archivist road show with slide deck.
- Kevin C Miller will ask if he can share the whole slide desk, or share his portion.
SB – hopes to develop records management presentation, perhaps to be shared during employee orientation
| ||Additional questions/comments||all|
Calls for presentations
- anyone interested? Share with the group and see if common ideas develop for collaboration
- SF – NEH grant and programming
- D – staff developing proposals
- SD – film librarian is working to develop ideas for UC forum
Course descriptions requests - How are you handling requests coming into the library/reference?
- SB – trying to move questions back to the registrar's office
- M – registrar's office
- SD – digitized past course catalogs and make them public via DAMS
| || || || |
- November 15, 2017@1pm
- Minutes: Teresa Mora
- Discussion topics:
- mission/collection development policies
- RMC/UCAC joint meeting agenda ideas