Parking at UC San Diego is not plentiful. And it is expensive if you have to buy a permit. We recommend arriving early.
|What You Need to Know||Links|
|Parking permit reciprocity for staff/faculty with a parking permit at your home campus (You may notice a "Conference parking" link on that page - sadly, that's only for summertime events.) (Don't forget to bring your permit!)||http://transportation.ucsd.edu/parking/visitor/reciprocity.html|
|General visitor parking permit information including accessible parking spots (parking is free in many lots with a disability placard or permanent license plate logo)||http://transportation.ucsd.edu/parking/visitor/|
|The closest lot is P502, which fills up early every day. If it's full, your best bets are the Gilman, Hopkins and Pangea parking structures. See the campus map for additional lots. There are free shuttles on campus if you find yourself having to park far away.||https://maps.ucsd.edu/map/default.htm|
Hotel shuttles: some of the local hotels have guest shuttles you can use to book local rides. Ask your hotel about this.
Public transit: a number of city bus routes serve the campus - if there's one near your hotel, this may be a good option:
SDMTS: routes 30, 41, 150, 201, 202, 237
Cash Fares: $2.25 (except route 150 which is $2.50). (Exact change required)
North County Transit: route 101Cash Fare:$1.75 (exact change required)
|Mobile ticketing: the Compass Cloud app works on SDMTS and NCTD buses||https://www.sdmts.com/fares-passes/compass-cloud|
- Lyft and Uber are both very plentiful around campus.
- Most nearby hotels will be within the minimum ride price range of about $7.
- Uber/Lyft fares between the UC San Diego area and the airport will typically be in the $22-25 range depending on traffic and pricing at the time.
- Supershuttle shared ride van service is about the same. Reservations are needed for your trip back to the airport.
- Public transit from the airport is.... not great. Bus 992 goes from the airport to Broadway Ave downtown, where you can catch the 150 to campus. It's a long ride.