- Browse to the site software.ucsf.edu. Click the link to continue.
- Login with your UCSF Active Directory account (in the SOM, CAMPUS, or UCSFMC domain).
- Once you login, look for the VPN Client heading on the left hand column. Click on the Pulse Secure VPN link to the right of that.
- Select the download link for Pulse Secure – Dual Authentication – Mac OS X.
- A prompt to save the file will appear. Save it locally to your computer then double click the file to start the installation.
- The Installer will prompt you to enter the credentials with administrative level access. Supply the credentials to proceed with the installation.
- If you had a previous installation of UCSF Pulse Secure VPN, it will prompt you to remove the old version. Click on the option to Move it to the Trash.
- On the top right corner of the screen, you should see the Pulse Dual Factor Authentication icon. Click on it to display a drop-down menu. Select UCSF Pulse Dual Factor Remote Access > Connect. Click OK through a series of prompts.
- On the top right corner of the screen, Click on the Pulse Dual Factor Authentication icon to display a drop-down menu. Select UCSF Pulse Dual Factor Remote Access > Connect. At the Pre Sign-In Notification prompt, click Proceed then enter your UCSF Active Directory credentials (in the SOM, CAMPUS, or UCSFMC domain). Note that this is not your MyAccess ID or UCSF email address.
- Pulse will now prompt you to type in the second factor password. Using the DUO mobile app on your smart phone, generate a second factor password then enter that on the Secondary Password prompt.
You can generate this second factor password through the DUO Mobile app on your smart phone. For more information on enrolling in DUO two-factor authentication, refer to UCSF SFGH DUO Enrollment Steps article.
- When finished remotely accessing the UCSF network, disconnect from Pulse. Click the Pulse Secure icon on the top right corner of the screen and select UCSF Dual Factor Remote Access > Disconnect.
WHERE CAN I GET HELP?
IT Field Services Health Desk provides walk up IT help during the times listed below. Please bring your laptop and your mobile device with you.
Additional information and location for the UCSF IT Health Desks are here: https://it.ucsf.edu/services/health-desk
ZSFG IT Health Desk is in Building 20 - 1st Floor
1001 Potrero Ave, Conference Room 2102
Hours are 10:00 am - 12:00 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays